Sunday, February 22, 2009

HOORAY FOR HOLLYWOOD!

Yes, it's Oscar Night and all the glam, bling, and red carpet festive anticipation that goes with Oscar's gold status...I'll confess ~ I'm not one to watch the whole production beginning to end, minute by minute, but rather, usually channel surf, hopefully in time to catch the bigger awards. However, tonight, I find myself a bit more drawn Oscar's "star" ~ whether it's Hugh's hosting debut (he can act, he can sing, he can host?...well, he can certainly wear a tux well!), seeing how Hollywood puts on its "game face" despite the nation's depression and no end in sight (kind of a "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" production? we'll see), or just my clear fascination with the underdog film Slumdog Millionaire and wanting to cheer it on in every category and see those fresh faces smile and laugh as they receive gold.

Whatever the reason, I'm sure I'll still be guilty of some channel surfing, but for the most part you'll find me Oscar-watching all night to see how the big night plays out.

To get ready, here's a clip from my "hands-on" favorite for Best Picture gold, of course:



Now, some of you know that when it comes to me and favorite movies, there is "THE List" (long story, short - someone asked me once to name my favorite....well...). Anyway, as of this weekend, there is a new addition to "THE List" and as always, I highly recommend you seek this out and watch it - a 2006 Irish music film (was a 2007 Sundance selection and also nominated for Grammy awards - terrific music!).

~ Once

No comments: