Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Featured Artist ~ George McKim



A visit to GeorgeMcKim’s shop/studio delivers a beautiful showing of fine art paintings, collage, lino prints, and note cards.

This talented artist studied art in college, receiving a Masters Degree in Painting and Drawing. Now a graphic artist by day, George continues his art in his “spare time,” and his work has been shown in galleries and museums in the Carolina region where he resides.

George explains that his shop “features paintings and collages that are mostly abstract, which I have been doing for the past two years and I also have some realism in the form of Linoleum Cut Prints.” Having watched my children grow sunflowers out at my parents “farm” over the years, I must say, I am especially fond of his sunflower works ~ striking!

Whether you are looking for a complete painting, a small print, or a simple, yet beautiful set of note cards, George McKim’s is a stop you should make.

You can find George McKim at:

Etsy: GeorgeMcKim.etsy.com

No comments: