Monday, January 4, 2010

MONDAY MUSINGS

Ok, yes, I'll admit it, I'm guilty. Completely 100% guilty of blog neglect. I've ignored this thing first for a few days, then a couple of weeks, and before I knew it months, and now a new decade has dawned -- what was I thinking?! :)

So, new year, new decade, time for resolutions and all that, right? Well, at least I can give it my best shot at breathing some new life into the blog world here and see what happens...

Looking back at 2009 ~ becoming Mimi (welcoming my first grandchild!); finding love and saying "yes" (how wonderful to find and share such happiness); road-tripping with my youngest around the country (just call us "Thelma and Louise") for fun, soccer, and college exploration; saying a too-soon 'good-bye' to my remarkable, strong, and so loving father; celebrating my grandmother's 99th birthday (her "secret"? one highball everyday at 5pm)...

Looking ahead to 2010 ~ celebrating Abby's first birthday (my creative daughter has already selected a wonderful theme - "Winter ONE-derland!") ; celebrating "soccer girl's" college commitment (stay tuned - she's close to making an announcement, I think!), her high school graduation, and her travels abroad (Spain this spring, Nicaragua over the summer); planning our "simply" wonderful (key word is "simply") wedding and terrific trip; welcoming my son home from Tanzania for a three week visit before he returns to Africa to extend his work with the Peace Corps...much to look forward to in this new year and in this new decade, indeed.

No comments: